seen from behind, a young kid on skis next to an adult instructor

Snow School Reminder: All 2020-21 Multi-Week Lesson Programs Are Cancelled

Back to All Posts

As a result of the 28-day provincial shutdown, issued by the Province of Ontario and recommendations from our local health authorities, Brimacombe will be cancelling ALL Multi-Week Lesson Programs set to begin this week/weekend.

We are as disappointed as you to have to cancel these programs as we know how much our participants look forward to our programs. We cannot express enough our gratitude for all of your support during this time and we really hope you will continue to ski/board on the slopes of Brimacombe this winter after re-opening on January 23!

As we have communicated, one of our Guest Services representatives will be calling you to discuss your options — whether you choose a full refund or to use some or all of your fees towards another product or gift cards — and how you would like to proceed. If you have not heard from us, please be patient! Our team is currently working through contacting thousands of participants and we promise we’ll be in touch with you within the next few weeks.


Q: Is Brimacombe open?
A: Brimacombe has currently paused ski and snowboard operations for 28 days starting December 26, in accordance with orders from the Ontario Government. We will continue to make and groom snow to have the slopes ready for re-opening day in January!

Q: What is Brimacombe doing to advocate for ski resorts re-opening?
A: Our provincial association (Ontario Ski Resorts Association) and our national association (Canadian Ski Council) continue to lobby on our behalf for our safe re-open. We continue to highlight the changes we have made to our protocols and procedures, and the financial investments made to ensure we are operating safely, during this pandemic. At this time, we ask that our guests and members visit to send a letter to their local MPP and to continue to abide by current public health recommendations. Don’t be the reason we lose our season!

Q: Why can’t I defer my lesson program fees?
A: We know some resorts have provided deferment as an option, however as we are still awaiting from the government for guidance for lesson programs, and how we will be able to operate the ski resort at the time of re-opening. These restrictions may inhibit our abilities to provide lesson programming for the 2020-21 season.

We know that some families may be in a financial situation that may require this money at this time. If you want to continue to support Brimacombe at this time, and you plan to continue to visit Brimacombe in the future, we suggest putting your fee towards a Brimacombe Membership for this season or on a Brimacombe gift card. Gift cards do not expire and can be utilized for lift ticket purchases, food services, at our retail store, rental equipment, and towards lesson programs or memberships/season passes next season when they are available to purchase.

Q: Will you be offering lessons when you re-open/why can’t you just shorten the lesson program to 4 weeks?
A: At this time, we are looking at what our options will be for the remainder of the season. Unfortunately, we are still waiting on Government guidance for lesson programs, and how we will be able to operate the ski resort at the time of re-opening. These restrictions may inhibit our abilities to provide lesson programming. If we launch a new program, we will send an email to let you know.