1. Each 5-Lesson Flex Card is redeemable for up to 5 individual private lessons, (including any applicable added participant spots) as listed on the card, during the season in which it is purchased.
Flex Card lessons are non-refundable and unredeemed lessons cannot be carried over to the next season.
2. Flex Card may be shared between or transferred to another participant.
To help prevent fraudulent use, please only share your card and Card ID number with trusted individuals. Brimacombe is not responsible for fraudulent activity on a Flex Card.
3. Flex Cards will be available for purchase beginning August 26, 2019. Lesson timeslot selection will open October 28, 2019 and selection windows will be offered in blocks in order of card purchase.i.e. block one participants will be provided with a selection window first, after which selection will be opened up to block two, etc.
4. The number of timeslots available at each time will be limited, and selection will be based on availability. Those looking to book popular timeslots are advised to purchase early and take advantage of their time slot selection window.
Lessons may also be booked throughout the season by phone, in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on a first come, first serve basis, based on availability. Cancellations must also be completed by phone, in person or by email to email@example.com.
Please note, bookings and/or cancellations will not be accepted through social media, email addresses, other than the one listed above, or any other communication channel other than that listed as approved above.
5. Instructor requests can be made in advance or at time of booking
We do our best to fulfill all requests, however the schedules and availability of our instructing staff varies. We cannot guarantee fulfillment of all requests, nor can we guarantee the same instructor for each individual private lesson.
If you are looking for more consistency, please check out our NEW 8-Week Private Program.
6. Card ID number is required at the time of booking to secure spot.
7. Private lessons with more than one student must be of similar age and ability level, unless previously discussed and approved by the Snow School Administration.
8. Each participant in a private lesson must complete and sign Brimacombe's 2019/20 General Waiver prior to participating in a lesson. All participants under the age of 18 require a parent/guardian signature on their waiver.
9. Participants in pre-booked lessons must check-in at the Main Office in the East Chalet, before gathering at the meeting area for their lesson.
10. All participants must wear a valid lift ticket, Season Pass or Membership, to participate in each lesson.
The private lesson fee is for the lesson instruction only. If the participant is not a member or does not have a valid Season Pass, they must purchase a lift ticket.
A $20 private lesson lift ticket is available to each participant at check-in - valid for the duration of the one-hour lesson. If you wish to ski before or after the lesson, please explore longer lift ticket options by visiting brimacombe.ca/lift-tickets.
11. All Snow School participants are required to wear an appropriate ski/snowboard helmet during their lesson. Participants may bring their own helmet or choose a rental option for an additional fee.
Brimacombe is not responsible for lesson time missed due to failing to wear a helmet and/or an appropriate helmet.
12. Brimacombe is not responsible for lesson time missed due to arriving late. If you are late for your lesson, depending on our booking schedule, your lesson may be shortened to the available time left. Missed lessons will be subject to our cancellation policy.
13. All private lesson cancellations by the participant must be made at least 24 hours prior to the lesson start time, regardless of the reason. Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the lesson start time will be subject to a $30 Cancellation Fee. All outstanding fees must be paid prior to next lesson.
14. Brimacombe reserves the right to cancel any lesson due to weather conditions, staff changes or other considerations.
In the event of a facility closure, due to high enrolment numbers in our lessons and programs, we are unable to call participants in the event of an unscheduled closure. Any email updates will be sent to the email address you provided us for our files, or alternately you can call our Snow Line (905-983-7669/1-877-672-2582) or check our website and social media accounts for updates.
15. When a private lesson is cancelled, regardless of the reason, it is the responsibility of the participant to book a new timeslot. Our season typically comes to a gradual end after March Break.
16. If Brimacombe is open, scheduled lessons will run.
17. A $30+HST Administrative Fee will be charged for all return cheques.
18. Brimacombe reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.